- Rapid Curing Cutbacks (RC):
In Cutback bitumen comes with distillate product like naphtha, gasoline, etc. Volatile solvent is used in making the cutback bitumen and it is evaporated rapidly after using in construction. Solvent proportion is decide the grade of RC (i.e., RC -70, 250, 800, 3000). The cutback liquidity is affected by the hardness of the base bitumen. The fluidity results of several RC grades – some having an ordinary temperature and more viscous also. The viscous grades required minimum amount of heating to maintain fluidity. There are some applications such as track coats , sand seals and pavement of surfaces.
- Medium Curing Cutback (MC)
In cutback, medium diluents of solvent like kerosene are used in at boiling point range with several grades of MC (i.e., MC -30, 70, 250, 800, 3000). This type of cutback is designed for mixing with aggregates because they do not break suddenly while when it comes under the contact of aggregate. Workable time is extended and it contributes to cold mix stockpiles.
- Slow Curing Cutback ( SC)
Slow curing (SC) used low volatility oil with several grades (i.e., SC -70, 250, 800, 3000). Slow Curing, SC is commonly known as a road oils and majorly used in road-mixing and laying applications. Earlier, bitumen residual oil is used in stockpile patching mixes, plant-mixed with aggregates at low cost and favorable in all types of weather conditions.
How is it manufactured?
The state of the art design of the homogenizer makes it operational for Cutback application for thorough mixing and dissolving of heated Bitumen with controlled amount of petroleum distillates/ solvents like Naptha, gasoline and kerosene, white spirit etc. The heated Bitumen from the Bitumen Storage tank is pumped through the Bitumen feed pump while the solvent from the solvent storage tank is pumped through the solvent feed pump into the Wahal Engineers High Shear Inline homogenizer for perfect mixing and dissolving of Bitumen and solvent, while the prepared Cutback Bitumen is pumped into the Cutback storage tank.
- Jacket for Heating/complete insulation of the pipeline and the homogenizer.
- Different sizing of the rotor-stator assembly depending upon the flow rate.
- Low Electrical power as per the required flow rate.
- Large selection of materials for product contacted parts namely, S. S-304, S. S -316L,etc.
- Power transmission depending upon the rotational speed may be a coupling or V-belt.
- Stuffing box with specially impregnated gland sealing for shaft.
- Different end connections: Flange design, Tri Clover (TC).
- Binary entrance for merging different partial flow.
- Highest quality standards
- High throughput with excellent size reduction results
- Continuous and controllable process in a closed system
- Low-wear and easy to maintain.
- Manufacturing of Pre-mix Asphalt
- Used in patch repair.
- Used for primed pavement.
Wahal Engineers is present in over 50 countries, serving India, Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Japan, Philippines, Viet Nam, Turkey, Iran, Thailand, Myanmar, South Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, Malaysia, Nepal, Yemen, Sri Lanka, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, Jordan, Azerbaijan, United Arab Emirates, Tajikistan, Israel, Laos, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Turkmenistan, Singapore, State of Palestine, Oman, Kuwait, Georgia, Mongolia, Armenia, Qatar, Bahrain, Cyprus, Bhutan, Maldives, Brunei, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Greece, Poland, Ukraine, Sweden, Croatia, Norway, Romania, Denmark, Hungary, Finland, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Russia, UK, Italy, Belgium, Portugal, Belarus, Austria, Serbia, Denmark, Brazil, Mexico, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar, Colombia, Argentina, Poland, Canada, Morocco, Malaysia, Peru, Venezuela, Uzbekistan, Australia.