Refining of edible oils involves degumming and neutralisation of oils by perfectly mixing the reagents in the oil. For perfect addition of reagent, the acid needs to be perfectly distributed throughout the oil and needs to be dispersed well to accelerate the reaction and maximize the yield.
The process is designed as such that the acids are added just before the homogenizer inlet and thus the material is sucked well directly into the rotor-stator which is the high shear zone resulting in perfect mixing. The shearing of the acids leads to reducing the droplet size of the acids to ensure that the surface area of the acid droplets exposed to oil is much more due to the fine droplets of acids leads to finer dispersion.
INLINE HIGH SHEAR HOMOGENIZERS:
Wahal homogenizers work on the principle of shear force being produced being a set of rotor and stator due material being flown in between the least tolerance thus causing the material to be sheared. The material is being sucked in from the rotor and thrown outwards to the stator walls due to the high centrifugal force produced due to the rotor and the material is sheared in between the rotor and stator to provide the end results.
- Works best even for higher batch sized up to 50 kL.
- Wide range of models to choose from: Single Stage, Two Stage & Four Stage Model.
- A most efficient method for dispersion and results in the most superior quality.
ADVANTAGES OF HIGH SHEAR HOMOGENIZERS FOR OIL REFINING:
- Most stable product with maximum yield/functionality.
- Homogenization leads to finer droplet sizes thus providing comparatively much more surface area and resulting in efficient dispersions.
- Rapid mixing times thus no chances of degradation while processing.
- Continuous process achieving the desired results in a single pass thus achieving higher flow rate and throughput.